- Post surgery – Hysterectomy, radical vulvectomy, other pelvic surgery. Abdomino pelvic resection
- Pelvic Radiotherapy for Carcinoma of cervix, Endometrial Carcinoma, Carcinoma of Vagina, vulva, other Pelvic Tumors.
Vaginal Dilators is a range of dilators designed to help women alleviate medical conditions affecting the vaginal structure, following radiotherapy to the vagina, cervix or pelvis. Radiotherapy can cause some internal scarring (adhesions) to the treated area and make the vagina narrower, drier and less elastic.
Vaginal Dilators help to reduce the risk of scarring and offer an effective way for patients to take an active role in their treatment.
Preventing the formation of scar tissue within the vagina helps ensure that the vagina remains supple so that sexual intercourse and vaginal examinations can be performed without discomfort or pain.
Vaginal Dilator is available in three graduated diameter sizes of 2cm, 2.5 cm and 3 cm to make insertion and removal easier.
- Effective treatment for use in the comfort of the home
- Treatment pace is directed by the user
- Three graduated sizes to help users to progress gradually
- Designed to help build confidence
After menopause, the vagina becomes dry, less elastic, narrower, and shorter. Some cancer treatments can also cause these changes within the vagina. To help you with these changes, your healthcare provider has suggested that you use a vaginal dilator and start doing vaginal dilator therapy. Vaginal dilator therapy is a resource you can use throughout your life.
It will help to:
- Allow your healthcare provider to perform a more thorough pelvic exam.
- Make it more comfortable for you to be examined.
- Prevent your vagina from becoming too narrow.
- Keep your vagina more elastic.
- Allow you to have vaginal sex with less discomfort.
As a result of your recent treatment, your vagina may have become narrowed and shortened due to the formation of scar tissue. I CAN CARE vaginal dilators have been designed to greatly reduce your risk of scarring and assist you in keeping your vagina supple. This will help reduce any long term discomfort from follow up examinations, further treatments and sexual intercourse.
Please follow the instructions fully before using Vaginal Dilators for the first time.