Supportive care makes excellent cancer care possible, supported by excellent science to enhance the lives of people on the cancer journey.
The critical importance of supportive cancer care is increasingly being recognized.
ICANCARE will provide the newest information on the symptoms and complications of cancer treatment, methods to minimize cancer induced side effects and common psychosocial challenges.
Supportive Care in Cancer is the prevention and management of the adverse effects of cancer and its treatment. This includes management of physical and psychological symptoms and side effects across the continuum of the cancer experience from diagnosis through anticancer treatment to post-treatment care. Enhancing rehabilitation, secondary cancer prevention, survivor ship and end of life care are integral to Supportive Care.
* Alleviates symptoms and complications of cancer
* Reduces or prevents toxicities of treatment
* Supports communication with patients about their disease and prognosis
* Allows patients to tolerate and benefit from active therapy more easily
* Eases emotional burden of patients and care givers
* Helps cancer survivors with psychological and social problems
ICANCARE is committed to make the cancer journey a pleasurable experience.
Together we can…..