Start with clean hands, pans, containers and spoon
- Put saline storage jar and lid in one pan and cover with tap water.
- Put 4 ¼ cups of tap water in a second pan.
- Boil both pans for ten minutes.
- Add two level teaspoons of table salt to plain boiled tap water and stir to dissolve. Cool both pans to room temperature.
- Remove storage jar and lid touching only the outside.
- Pour cooled salt water directly into storage jar. Place lid tightly on jar. Store in refrigerator.
- Pour off the amount needed for each cleaning or suctioning session into a smaller container. Do not dip anything into the large supply of saline.
- Make a new batch every day.